PITTSBURGH — (October 20, 2015) — Five finalists will compete for one year of free membership in MEMS Industry Group (MIG) as well as the winner’s crown during the annual Elevator Pitch Session at MEMS Executive Congress® US 2015 (November 4-6, 2015 in Napa, CA).
“Switch microfluidic MEMS chips and Miniature Atomic Clock-based GPS devices with actual Shark Tank Winners BeatBox Beverages and Tipsy Elves and you’ll get the concept behind MIG’s Elevator Pitch Session,” said Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS Industry Group. “As is the case with ABC’s Shark Tank, this year’s Elevator Pitch finalists will be looking to catch the eyes of investors as well as partners as they pitch their products and technologies to a panel of judges from the Silicon Valley investment community.”
2015 Elevator Pitch Finalists
- Microfluidic Foundry’s MEMS Chip – a plug-and-play chip that acts like a MEMS “Pitot Tube,” directly reading pressure, flow rate, speed and other dynamic forces for pipeline flow monitoring and leakage measurement as well as for wind and moving speed measurement.
- ResoCator is designing a postage stamp-sized GPS device enabled by an on-board Miniature Atomic Clock (MAC). Once embedded in an end product, ResoCator’s GPS “tag” will remotely report its location and environmental conditions (e.g., temperature, light and humidity) indoors and outdoors, using precise atomic clock-based trilateration between existing terrestrial radio towers.
- aveni’s metallization technologies — including Electrografting (eG™) and Chemicalgrafting (cG™) — offer cost-effective alternatives to existing deposition technologies for through silicon via (TSV) metallization for aspect ratios greater than 10:1.
- Aspinity’s signal-processing ICs/IPs meet the demand for sensor analytics in ultra-low-power Internet of Things (IoT) devices. By extracting application-relevant characteristics prior to digitizing the sensor data, Aspinity reduces the overall power and cost that are required in applications such as voice control, health monitoring, and industrial vibration monitoring.
- NXTSENS Microsystems is designing MEMS-based timing solutions that feature ultra-stable, low jitter and temperature compensated oscillators. Based on proprietary technology that allows for the fabrication of extremely high-quality resonators in a high-vacuum environment, NXTSENS Microsystems uses wafer-level packaging for a high yield at reduced cost.
2015 Elevator Pitch Session Judges and Coaches include:
- Judge: Dan Armbrust, CEO and co-founder, Silicon Catalyst
- Judge: Steve Nasiri, principal, Nasiri Ventures
- Judge: Kurt Petersen, member, Silicon Valley Band of Angels
- Coach: Steve Arms, president, Swarms Ventures, LLC
- Coach: Matt Crowley, CEO, Vesper
- Coach: Jeff Hilbert, president and founder, WiSpry
- Coach: Tammi Smorynski, director, Intel
Join Us for MIG’s Elevator Pitch Session
MIG’s Elevator Pitch Session will take place from 12:00-1:00 p.m. on November 5, 2015. The judges will select a winner, which MIG Executive Director Karen Lightman will announce at the close of MEMS Executive Congress US 2015 on November 5.
About MEMS Executive Congress
Now in its eleventh year, MEMS Executive Congress is an annual event that brings together business leaders from a broad spectrum of industries: automotive, communications, consumer goods, energy/environmental, industrial and medical. It is a unique professional forum at which executives from companies designing and manufacturing MEMS/sensors technology sit side-by-side with their end-user customers in panel discussions and networking events to exchange ideas and information about the use of MEMS and sensors in commercial applications.
Premier sponsors of MEMS Executive Congress US 2015 include: Platinum Sponsor EV Group; Gold Sponsors SPTS Technologies and Lam Research Corporation; Silver Sponsors Analog Devices and Freescale Semiconductor; Bronze Sponsors Applied Materials and X-Fab MEMS Foundry.
Event sponsors include: Acuity, Akustica, Bosch Automotive Electronics (AE), Bosch Sensortec GmbH, Coventor, Expertech, IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA), MCA PR, MEMS Journal, MEMS & Technology Exchange (MNX), PNI Sensor Corporation, Solid State Technology, Teledyne DALSA, WiSpry and Yole Développement.
MEMS Executive Congress US will be held November 4-6, 2015 at The Meritage Resort & Spa, Napa, CA. For more information, please contact MIG via phone: +412/390-1644, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit MEMS Executive Congress US 2015 at: http://us2015.memscongress.com.
For conference registration, please visit: http://us2015.memscongress.com/registration
About MEMS Industry Group
MEMS Industry Group (MIG) is the trade association advancing MEMS and sensors across global markets. More than 180 companies comprise MIG, including Analog Devices, Applied Materials, ARM, Bosch, EV Group, Freescale Semiconductor, GE, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, HP, HTC Corporation, Huawei, Goertek, Infineon, Intel, InvenSense, Jawbone, Kionix, Knowles Corporation, Lenovo, OMRON Electronic Components, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., SONY Electronics, SPTS Technologies, STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments and TSMC. For more information, visit: www.memsindustrygroup.org.
MEMS Executive Congress, MEMS Industry Group and the MEMS Industry Group logo are registered trademarks of MEMS Industry Group. All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Ellen Saksen, MEMS Industry Group
Phone: +1 412/390-1644
Maria Vetrano, Vetrano Communications
Phone: +1 617/876-2770